|(Lavender, rosemary and parsley on my balcony)|
10 REASONS TO START GROWING AN HERB GARDEN
- To have fresh herbs all year long. It doesn't need to be Spring or Summer to grow them, you can place the plants in pots inside in winter. Imagine cooking spaghetti sauce or pesto with your own herbs, whenever you want!
- You can spice up your meals and experiment as much as you want. Baked potatoes can taste different every day of the week if you want.
- Because it's a green, sustainable solution.
- They'll save you money. Buying fresh herbs every time you need them is no cheap in a long term speaking. If you have them available at home it will save you money. And you'll know for sure that they're always available for you.
- It's very relaxing to have herbs in the house: they smell wonderful, and taking care of them can be a very soothening pastime.
- You can always share them! Because not much of them are needed when cooking, you'll always have left herbs to share with your family and friends.
- Because depending on the herbs you grow, you can use them for other purposes than just cooking: you can dry lavender to put them in little bags in the for the drawers to have your towels smell fresh all the time
- Having fresh herbs with your meals is healthy for you. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and they can even help you treat illness.
- They look pretty. Which is not the main reason why we might want an herb garden, but it's still a bonus to have one.
- Just because!