Thursday, May 15, 2014

Interview to Paige from Little Nostalgia, and introducing her new project: The Room Kit!

If you like interior design, you'll love today's interview! Paige from Little Nostalgia just started a new project, The Room Kit, an awesome concept that makes interior design affordable for everybody and makes the task of decorating a room something a lot easier.

Do you want to know more about the project? Keep reading!





1. Hi Paige! I'm so happy to have you in the blog today! 

Hi, everybody! And thanks to Laura for inviting me here today! 

2. Let's talk about the new project you launched on May 1st, The Room Kit. What's the main concept of it?

The Room Kit is all about making interior design easy and fun. It's a guideline to help people get started on their projects, but it still gives them the freedom to make the space their own. Each one includes fabric samples, paint colors, a budget worksheet, assorted tips and tricks--basically everything you need to get started so you're not flailing around in the dark. 

3. How did you get the idea for this project? 

After I went back to school for interior design in 2012, I got a lot of questions from friends and family about whether or not certain colors went together (or sometimes it was a general complaint that they didn't know where to begin). I realized there was a need for something that would take away the hard part of decorating--choosing a color scheme--and give people a clear place to start when they're ready to go shopping or make a DIY project. 

4. Once you had the idea for it, which steps did you take to prepare for the big launch day? How long did it take you to get everything ready? 

I spent about 5 months developing the Room Kit. First I made up a couple of prototypes and sent them to a few people for feedback. The initial response was positive, so I knew the kits would be helpful once they were done. Then I started ordering fabric samples and playing with different combinations until I had a few that worked. My goal was to put together unexpected colors that would make people excited to try something new. Eventually I ended up with the Bold + Bright collection, which is on the website now. 

5. What's your main source (or sources) of inspiration for your interior design projects? 

There's any style that you prefer among others? I get inspired by a lot of things, but in general I find a lot of good stuff on Pinterest. Otherwise I read magazines like Country Living, This Old House, and Better Homes & Gardens. Overall my style is pretty eclectic. 

6. Thanks for sharing your answers with us, and good luck with your new project! 

Thanks to everybody for reading about my new idea! You can find more on theroomkit.com or on Etsy.





Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post, and I didn't get any kind of benefits from posting this entry. The interview and its content reflects something that I want to share on the blog without any kind of profit reasons. 


2 comments:

  1. Nice intervew!! Paige helped me design my bedroom and it is filled with lots of bright colors!

    ReplyDelete