Monday, October 7, 2013

Interview to Vivika from The Wandering Deer




Who said Mondays are boring? For sure they're not with bloggers like Vivika, the creative girl behind The Wandering Deer -  a blog about amigurumis, sock creatures, and all kind of colorful cuteness. Vivika is a graphic designer who loves crochet, and  all things handmade, and who fills her blog with all kind of little animals that will make you widely smile. What are you waiting to visit her blog?


1. Where does the name of your Etsy Shop and blog (The Wandering Deer) come from?
I was searching for a blog name for a looong time! I couldn't decide. Back then, I didn't crochet that much, I wandered through photography, polymer clay miniatures, sock monsters, I knew I hadn't find my thing then! It was summer and we were on vacation on Zakynthos Island where we visited a natural park. There were so many deers that were really friendly with people, I loved them. Really beautiful, cute and kind. And then I knew it. A deer had to be my logo. But what deer? A wandering deer! :)

2. When did you decide to start creating amigurimis? How did you learn?
One day I saw a photo of a colorful granny square. That was it. I had to make it! My mom doesn't know how to crochet, so I only had one solution: YouTube. Yeap. I saw many how-to videos, I made many lots of hearts and bows and then I made my first amigurumi heart. Well, I admit it. I hated it. It was ugly. I didn't make another amigurumi for a long time, until I found Ana Paula's pattern books. I couldn't choose which I liked most! The patterns were well written and quite easy to follow. If you want to learn how to make these cuties, Seriously Cute Crochet is what I suggest! 

3. What are your amigurimis inspired in?
I love watching documentaries about animals, love seeing them in the natural environment, that's my inspiration. Also children's books or illustrations are great for getting some ideas, too! 

4. What is your favorite thing about Autumn?
I love rain!! And I love the yellow leaves! Oh, I love autumn :)

5. Define yourself in five different words.
Creative, sensitive, shy, romantic, reserved.





Follow Vivika 



2 comments:

  1. Those amigurumis are so cute i almost died of cuteness overload. Nice interview and nice blog, and thanks for the link for learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete