|Whimsy jars exchanged with a friend last Summer|
Probably you know what a Whimsy Jar is, and maybe you've even created one, or exchanged it with somebody else, but in case you haven't, here's some basics about it, I'm sure you're going to love the idea! Basically a whimsy jar is a gift basket with a twist: decorated canning jars filled with all kind of items you think the recipient will like. They're like little treasure chests containing all kind of surprises!
The best of it, is that they make awesome, original gifts. You can make themed ones, or just mix all kind of different items. It doesn't matter what you put inside or how you decorate it, what's important is that is done with love. For sure the person that received it will notice it :)
5 reasons why you should make somebody a whimsy jar for their birthday:
- They won't expect it: it's not a perfume, it's not a bag, it's not a figure for the living room. It's probably something nobody ever created for them, and they'll love it for that.
- Because you can adapt it to your budget. You are the one deciding the price of the items you put inside: from candies or buttons, to something more expensive (or a mix of both). You decide it! What's important is not the price of the items, but the variety of them.
- Because it's fun to put together! I love thinking about a subject and gathering items to go inside. And I love the look of it as it keeps filling, and the combination of colors and shapes that it makes through the glass.
- Because it makes the "unwrapping fun" last longer. Think about how fun it is to unwrap a present while you're thinking what could be inside. With this, you see a lot of items through the glass, but then you open it, and more and more items keep getting out as soon as you keep removing some. There's always something new to discover inside a Whimsy Jar!
- Because all the cool kids are doing it, so why shouldn't you?
Have a great weekend!