Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Guest Post - Katie from Running With a Glue Gun

Today I'm very excited to share with you all a guest post from Katie, the girl behind Running With A Glue Gun. Katie is a crafter from Ohio, and what I really love about her blog is the vintage feeling it has. In this post she's talking about her Christmas traditions, which I'm sure you'll love! If you want to know more about her, you can find Katie at the following sites:



Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited to be guest blogging at La Caseta de Paper! My name is Katie and I write on a little blog call Running With A Glue Gun. Today I'm going to be talking about my Christmas Traditions with my family.



To begin with my family and I are big movie people, so to kick off the holidays we usually start by watching A Christmas Story. From there we watch every Christmas movie under the sun and on Christmas Eve we will watch the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol (which is the best version and you should totally check it out).

During any holiday I love to decorate but Christmas is especially fun because you can be a little over the top. I decorate my little Christmas tree with ornaments I made, bought (usually from the antique store) or they have been given to me. My mom and I usually try to get new ornament each year for our ''family'' tree and for my little tree. I think that its a good tradition to have because its a way to hang out with someone you love and every time you look at an ornament you will have some story to tell.

One of the best things about the holidays is crafting. Since I'm a crafty girl, Christmas is one of my favorite holidays for crafting. This year I made a little Winter Wonderland House and right now I'm working on more ornaments, hats and scarves.

We exchange gifts as a family on Christmas morning, but were been thinking about changing it to Christmas eve this year ( so I'm keeping my fingers cross, that we change the day lol).

I hope you all have a great Christmas and thanks Laura for letting me guest post!

1 comment:

  1. Holidays crafting is awesome :) Your holiday traditions sounds lovely, hope you can open the presents on xmas eve :)

    ReplyDelete