Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday inspiration




Because I love inspirational ideas, I decided to start a new series in the blog: Friday Inspiration. Every Friday I'll share a project that somebody did that can be inspiring in some kind of way. I think that there's a lot of people out there who do wonderful things, and most of the time those things go unnoticed because it's kind of impossible to pay attention at everything that goes on around the Internet. With Friday Inspiration I'm trying to share bits of inspiration one week at a time... and I'm excited about it!

What do you guys think?

I'm really happy to start the weekly series with a project that really made me smile when I discovered it. Actually, more than a project is a gift, a wonderful gift that doesn't really cost money, but that has a lot of value for the person who received it.


(source)

When it was Holly's dad 60 birthday, she decided to give him a very special gift:  she got all the people that at some point had met her dad write a letter explaining a memory they had about him, from any point of his life. Then, she put all the memories inside a different envelope, put all the envelopes together, mad ea pretty packaging, and gave them to her father for her birthday. 


(source)


Holly called the project Sixty Years of Memories, and I can't really think about a more appropriate way to call it. If you want to know more about it, you can visit Holly's blog here.


(source)

(source)


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet little idea! Memories are one of the best gifts!

    -Sabrina
    www.thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really sweet yes! :) Thanks for commentinf and adding!

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely idea, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw. this is wondeful! Such a beautiful idea, I can imagine how happy he must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I thought it was really sweet! It's the kind of gift I'd love to have when I'm 60!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you found me because I am glad that I found you! I adore being inspired, it's kind of like teaching ourselves to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete